So, this place is for me to write notes and ideas for the Evangelion VN I’ve wanted to make for forever now.
What I have so far isn’t much. Mostly, all I know is that I want to use the extended cast from the Eva-Fix artbook.
General Progression of Plot
-Shinji Arrives in Tokyo 3 (Maybe start the game with Shinji already having fought an Angel or two, and this can be a flashback. Choices made here still matter.)
- Witnesses Angel attack first hand. Possibly some fun symbolistic foreshadowing, or something. Think back to the bandaged Rei appearance in street in episode 1.
- Is taken to NERV by somebody. Probably still going to be Misato.
- Blah blah blah OTOUSAN!!!!! NERV explained, Evangelion revealed.
- FIGHT THE ANGEL, SHINJI!
- Evangelion goes berserk. Probably going to be a choice in this section, to be a wimp, or to let your MANLY DISPOSITION take over.
Ideas I kind of like
- Tabris is multiple entities. Theory in the series was that his love for Shinji was a way to get Shinji to let down his defenses. A sort of gambit, that backfired when Shinji popped his head off. As multiple entities, Tabris can fuck with several pilots at once!
- Well, all the new characters at once would be ridiculous. Things will probably progress differently in each route, to the point that you only have 3 or so new characters per route.
Stuff to Think About
Why is Shinji coming to Tokyo-3
- Rei is injured (as in series)
- Maybe the other pilots don’t have active Evangelions yet, and haven’t been able to sync with Unit 01 in tests
- Maybe a second pilot already lives in Tokyo-3, and was also injured in Rei’s activation test. Or ran away due to pressure/fear.
- Perhaps the Marduk Report hasn’t churned out other pilots yet.
- Some clause in the Vatican Treaty? The other pilots have their own Evangelions, and Japan already has three units.
- Unit 00, Unit 01, and which? 13?
- Maybe as a hook, there are two angels attacking, and Rei is in a different part of Japan fighting the first.
- ANGEL SPAWN
Cliche: What is TEH TRUE NATURE OF TEH EVA???
- Reuse ARE idea.
- Reuse original show’s idea.
- Reuse Rebuild’s idea. (tempting)
- This provides the possibility of introducing mythologic references
- Angel that was found dormant in Antartica, taken into captivity and cloned.
- Children of Adam and Lilith.
- Artificial Angel Insemination? Unless mechanics are changed, how would that happen without third impact?
Names are romanized katakana. Most of them are just gibberish, most likely.
- Snipe Type. Uses guns, particularly one labeled “Uran Chan” (short for Uranium Bullet Linear Chamber)
- 6th Child’s Name: Katakana reads “Pegu Meimu”, I think. I’m no expert. Feel free to correct. Korean.
- “Raid Type”- Whatever that means. Mentions “DATA” in the description.
- 7th Child’s Name: Marry Kissinger
- High Maneuver Type.
- 8th Child’s Name: Pashii Rufudonifu. Norwegian
- Reactor Type.
- 9th Child’s Name: Ireena Fuiitorafu Pretty sure she’s Russian.
- Assault type. Looks like it uses a melee weapon. Not sure.
- 10th Child’s Name: Rufii Haaderugaimu. Spanish
- Psycho Type. I like this one. It’s weapon is called the “Mono Amputater” and looks like a chainsaw.
- 11th Child’s Name: Shion Kurooche. Italian.
- Cannon Type. Pretty Self Explanatory.
- 12th Child’s Name: Alex . This guy apparently has an I.Q. of 300.
- Distraction Type.
- 13th Child’s Name: Joanna Cont. French.
- Also the “First Type”
- No child mentioned.